Programming

Today I had an extremely productive day because I got a number of different parts of the project working. I decided that even though there was no graphics or buttons completed, that I would try and get a head start on the programming aspect and just use the Adobe Flash custom buttons that are manually built into Flash until we get some graphics to input into the program. We didn’t want to go ahead and put the graphics into the program straight away because some of the attributes of them project could change.

Firstly I have done a lot of research into seeing how the Pictionary aspect in our project can be upgraded and made to be our own product called Doodleblocks. There are numerous ways that we can execute our own take on Pictionary. As the lead programmer I decided I would do some research into actually looking at things like colour palettes, timeline layout, linking pages, linking buttons, adding video and also word generation.

Below is a screenshot which is from the main Flash File. I think it is important that I am really organised with each of the pages and each layer pon the file, because it will be a lot easier to find things if we want to make changes throughout the process. As you can see I have set up some of the pages for the project. Firstly There is the “Enter” screen and that’s the first page that the user will see when the start the process.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.21.47

Below is the “Enter” screen and there will be two buttons that will give the user two options. The first option wil be to get instructions if they want them, and the second option will be to just simply play the game. Obviously these buttons in the screenshot are just temporary until I get the original buttons that we plan to use, which will be made by our graphic designer.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.23.37

I also have each of the pages linked which will give the user the option to navigate through the Doodleblocks. Below is screenshot of just some of the code that I have already used to connect the pages.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.24.23

it was important for us as a group that we get an idea on what our screen will actually look like when the user is looking at it. Below is a screen shot of the links that will be on our main page which will give the user an insight of all the categories that they will have the option to choose from to begin playing pictionary.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.27.17

My next objective was to try and get the word generator to work. This was extremely dificult because I had to set up a number of different arrays and place the words that I wanted to appear in them arrays. Eventually I got it working and below is evidence that the word generator is working perfectly. I now have to go through each section and divide each of the words in “Easy”, “Medium” and “Hard”.

Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.29.06 Screen shot 2015-02-05 at 12.29.13

I now have to insert a word generator on each of the different categories which will take a lot of time but I am more than confident of making it a success.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s